Thursday, April 17, 2008

Now Showing at a Gallery Near Me: My Art

Through May 4, eleven of my canvases are currently part of a group show at Form/Space Atelier, an art gallery in Seattle’s Belltown district. The gallery is chock full of tasty art, with 187 pieces lining the walls, hanging from the ceiling and covering the windows. You'll find everything from ethereal sculptures created painstakingly out of toothpicks to vibrant photography, exciting paintings of all sorts, iron-encased cow skulls, giant pastels, tiny jeweled canvases, even a FrankenBarbie monster. Subject matter runs from the solemn to the whimsical, from the sublime to the ridiculous. The gallery is open each week from Wednesday through Sunday, noon to 4 p.m.

What a pleasure it is to be involved in this exhibition. I've spoken to several of the other artists in the show, and I feel fortunate to be hanging my work alongside theirs. If only I could afford to snap up their work before others do! Many thanks to curator Paul Pauper, who runs the gallery, for his support, fine eye and good humor.